If you are looking for a pair of shoes for hiking or trail running, you definitely should consider getting a pair of Salomon XA Pro 3D. It is one of the best shoes for those purposes. Salomon XA Pro 3D has not become very popular by accident. It is an extremely popular model because of the superior qualities it provides. It has the performance that you need from a trail running or hiking shoe. The traction and grip are awesome. The support and stability are great. The interior is also highly comfortable, featuring the removable OrthoLite footbed for the best shock absorption and with antimicrobial treatment to eliminate odors. And, Salomon XA Pro 3D is an extremely rugged shoe!
The design of v is very good-looking. It has a synthetic mesh upper that is breathable, providing excellent air circulation to keep your foot fresh and happy. The upper is further reinforced by overlays, with the zig-zag pieces on the sides being the largest. These overlays, besides enhancing the look of the shoe to be sporty-looking, also guarantee structure integrity and solid support. On the back of the shoe, you can find a loop that allows easy wearing and detaching. On the top of the shoe is the Kevlar Quicklace system. This lacing system is very convenient to use. You just need to pull the lace and lock the toggle, and you are good to go. There are pockets on the tongues, too, in which you can slip the laces to prevent them from getting in your way. (See also: Salomon XA Pro 3D vs Ultra 2)
Inside, there is the dual-density midsole with an EVA-molded footbed and the removable OrthoLite footbed. The EVA-molded layer provides mainly support and stability, whereas the OrthoLite layer creates superior shock absorption and soft, comfortable cushioning. You can remove the OrthoLite for cleaning or replacement. The antimicrobial treatment implemented on the shoe makes a nice plus point; with Salomon XA Pro 3D, you will never have to worry about it getting stinky due to sweating.
The outsole is the Contagrip outsole, which is a specially engineered sole that combines various types of rubber to create the optimum traction for both wet and dry terrain conditions. It also has a very aggressive lug pattern that ensures reliable grip when you are running through an off-road terrain condition. Salomon XA Pro 3D is extremely rugged and durable. You can feel that both the upper and sole are very sturdy. It is ready to face the harshest of environmental conditions.
Specifications of Salomon XA Pro 3D
• Synthetic mesh upper that is breathable
• SensiFit locks the heel down and wraps over your insteps, providing a snug, comfortable, and precise fit for secure agility in varying terrain conditions
• 3D Advanced Chassis for stability on the trail
• Kevlar Quicklace guarantees a secure, customized fit; just pull, lock the toggle, and you are good to go; pockets on the tongues store laces out of the way
• Contagrip outsole is made of a unique combination of several rubber types for optimum grip on both dry and wet surfaces; aggressive lug pattern for excellent traction
• Removable OrthoLite footbed adds shock absorption; antimicrobial treatment eliminates odors
• EVA-molded footbed, dual-density midsole offer support and cushioning
• Protective toe cap protects against bumps and abrasion
Best Use: Trail Running
Shoe Type: Off Trail
Closure: Single-pull Lace
Average Weight (Pair): 1 lb 10.5 oz.
Heel To Toe Drop: 12 mm
Footwear Height: Ankle
Upper: Synthetic mesh and overlays
Support: Compressed EVA
Midsole: Compressed/injected EVA
Outsole: Contagrip Rubber
Pros of Salomon XA Pro 3D
– High-performance and highly reliable traction
– Great support on the bottom and sides
– Simple and quick lacing system
– Very rugged and durable construction
– Comfortable interior with antimicrobial treatment
Price of Salomon XA Pro 3D
Check the best price of Salomon XA Pro 3D here!