There are so many convenient exercises to try and running is the easiest to do because everyone with a healthy physique can run. What you need is comfortable clothes and running shoes and while running shoes are very comfortable in general, not all of them will be the same such as Asics Kayano Vs Kayano Lite. These shoes are perfect for daily trainers and they are not exactly the same so before deciding the option, let’s see which you may like better here.
In this comparison, we are going to talk about:
- How to Start Running
- What are Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite
- How are the Design of Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite
- How are the Upper of Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite
- How are the Sole of Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite
- How are the Experience with Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite
- Asics Kayano Vs Kayano Lite
Running is great, in fact it is amazing for the body, but it is also a taxing activity and many of us are not used to it yet. The best way is getting used to running and improving from time to time but, it also requires dedication from the person. We can’t miraculously run effectively and get fitter in one day so the key is consistent and always trying to be better. Here are some tips on starting the activity or habit if you have never used to running before:
- Start by walking first for people who are living a sedentary or inactive lifestyle. Running is very tiring and it will make you lose breath in just a few seconds if the body is not used to the stress. Walking is easier and it sets up the mood too so as beginners we can try walking for 30 minutes per day for 3 or 5 times a week.
- When your body starts to get used to walking after a few weeks, we can begin to incorporate running during those 30 minutes. A simple method is running for a minute and walking for 2 minutes then repeating it until you finish the activity. When our body is starting to get comfortable with the activity we can add more length on the running duration.
- Try to focus on the time first rather than speed. We understand running fast sounds amazing but it is a step after we get the time. This is because what we want to do is get out, move the body, and being more active so slow or fast doesn’t matter in this stage. Building the speed and stamina will be easier when we start to get used to how this activity affects the body.
- Just like many other exercises, we need to have good equipment whether it is just comfy clothes and a yoga mat. For running the most important will be the shoes and it is wise to get running specific shoes, different from walking shoes. They will provide adequate cushioning and support to your feet while also improving the running experience. It doesn’t need to be expensive, just make sure it fits your feet and running preference.
- Last but not least don’t forget to warm up before running. We can do this in 5 or 10 minutes to get the blood to circulate and oxygen flowing as well as to wake up the body. Dynamic stretches with muscle warming like jumping jacks and high knees are very popular and effective for warm up.
|Asics Kayano||Kayano Lite|
|Product Dimensions||11.5 x 7.3 x 4.3 inches||14 x 8 x 6 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1.75 Pounds||1.93 Pounds|
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
About Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite
For those who want to start running, it is good to start with a pair of running shoes. There are so many to choose from based on which seems to work better for you. In general running shoes will be similar to each other and while they can be different as well, it is usually because the material and construction are different. You can simply choose cushiony, neutral, or stability shoes based on your running. A neutral shoe will be the most versatile for many runners.
You may also want to take a look into the styling for each of those popular brands to see which seems to fit the aesthetic. It may have nothing to do with the performance but good-looking shoes can motivate you to wear it and be active. Among those many brands carrying running shoes, Asics is one of the best options to go for. This Japanese brand is very famous for being a good shoe manufacturer while being so long in the market to know what their customers want.
Asics is very well-known for their cushiony shoes but their stability shoes are reliable as well. For those unsure about which shoes to try, Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite are some of the best we can recommend. The Kayano is pretty popular, similar to their Nimbus brother and the line has been around for years with new iterations coming from time to time. The two are categorized as stability shoes so they are perfect for daily application and anyone who wants to have something to help their feet run more stable.
The shoes are mostly identical with the same technology but Kayano Lite is a higher choice. Depending on the runners, running shoes can be great for walking and more laid back speed while the others may want something to help them stride faster. The Lite will be more suitable for runners who want to run faster and these shoes are more similar to the Contend but not as firm. Read also: Asics Kayano Vs Quantum here.
Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite Appearance
Before getting to know what these two can offer, first let’s check the shoes since they look good too. The fashion is no different and side by side they seem to keep the same design. The Kayano is very sporty and looks a bit bulky but not too heavy compared to many similar stability shoes. The outsole is chunky too, so we do think they are good for both road and trail. The color options are different however and Lite looks slimmer as well as more streamlined.
The example we have today is Mid Grey and this made the shoes look lighter than they are. The Lite is around 281 grams while the standard Kayano is slightly over 300 grams. What’s so different in our opinion is the upper because the Lite is not as thick as the Kayano but the features seem to be the same including the reinforcement at the rear or heel area.
Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite Upper
Next for the most important part, let’s see what Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite can offer starting from their upper. Just like most shoes they are made of mesh material and this is good for the breathability as well as flexibility. However, the Lite version uses new material here which is claimed to have less environmental impact as it can be recycled into polyester. The material is similar to Kayano 27 but the one we compare today is their older variant or 26 series with Jacquard mesh.
As you can see, the rear reinforcement stays the same and this is one of the best parts of Kayano as a stability shoe line. The material is flexible but when installed out of the shoes it becomes a thin wall that helps the feet or ankle more stable. There are 3D overlays as well which is part of the design and is comfortable to wear. In comparison, the upper feels very similar even though the material is different.
Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite Sole
Next is for the sole which is not far apart from each other but they are slightly different. Starting with the Lite version, these shoes use AHAR on the outside for durability and this material is also found on Kayano; very popular for being durable and light. But, the AHAR here is lighter with the same level of quality. Another difference is the lack of trusstic system located in the midsole and this is meant for smooth transitions from the heel to toe when your toe strikes the ground.
Asics is very popular with its Flytefoam and you can find this material on both Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite. This is cushioning and flexible too but the Lite version seems to be made with eco friendly material. The feeling is actually very similar, moreover they gave Gel for additional cushioning.
Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite Experience
Lastly for the experience with these shoes, the ride quality is not far from each other. The upper is comfortable and they are good in winter meaning the material can warm or at least cover the feet from freezing. The sole is also similar but the feeling of trusstic system makes Kayano more stable compared to the Lite version. Depending on how you run, this feeling may or may not be prominent for the material is mostly the same.
Asics Kayano Vs Kayano Lite
Both Asics Kayano and Kayano Lite are good running shoes and they are also pretty similar. In our opinion the most noticeable difference is the material and sole. The Lite is slightly lighter and the lack of trusstic system will make it easier to run at a faster pace. The cushiony feeling is actually the same since they have the same material but comfort wise we love the shoes. They are perfect for daily trainers whether you want to walk or run.
There is no bad option here but Lite is quite expensive in comparison since we always love Kayano’s affordable price point. Personally we recommend the standard Kayano because these shoes are more than just comfortable but also supportive and cheaper.